alumunized fire suit Suits are widely used for fire rescue and radiant heat protection in foundries and near furnaces so it’s important to know about them before use:-
- The performance and the life of the Fire Suit is dependent on the quality of the outer Aluminized Fabric and hence carefully select your suit using only ISO 11612 certified Aluminized Fiberglass or if cut protection is necessary than go for an outer shell of Aluminized Kevlar. The outer shell of Heat Resistant suit will reflect back upto 90% of the heat in a fire or from a furnace.
- The time a person wearing the Fire Proximity suit can spend inside a fire or very close to the heat source depends on the number of insulation layers provided with the suit. More the number of layers greater than insulation and greater the time a person can spend in case of fire engulfment. Generally for the Fire Proximity suit, complete fire engulfment time ranges between 30-45 seconds before 2nd degree burns occur, which must be enough to rescue a person in case of the unforseen circumstances. The fire suit should he disposed off in case of such a scenario and should not be reused.
- The wearer has to decide on a fine balance between weight and insulation required when selecting the Aluminized Fire Proximity suit. Generally fire proximity suit are in 2,3 or 4 layered Assemblies and their weight ranges between 7 kg to 10 kg. The general thumb rule is that for working close to a hot object radiating heat for intermittent exposures a 2 layered suit is sufficient, for continuous working in front of a furnace with chances of molten metal splash a 3 layered Aluminized Suit should be used and if entry for fire rescue or entry for maintenance work inside a radiating object is needed for a short time then a 4 layered Aluminized Fire Suit should be used. User discretion is needed whilst making this selection. Please remember any fire suit will have it’s maximum working capacity which depends on the application and the way it’s used so the user should always take necessary precautions before full exposure to fire or heat.
- Since these fire proximity suits weigh between 7-10 kg, the user should ensure proper ventilation or use breathing apparatus or intermittently remove the hood (whilst moving away from the heat source) whenever discomfort is felt to avoid exhaustion. The user should ensure regular intake of fresh air so that he stays working fit and does not perceive the Aluminized Fire Proximity Suit as a hindrance to his work.
- No implicit guarantee can be given regarding the life of the Aluminized suit since it’s dependent on several factors however some basic precautions will go a long way in ensuring longer life.
Care should be taken to avoid rough handling, folding, and abrasion or rubbing against rough or sharp edges of the outer Aluminized layer of the fire suit
DO NOT MACHINE WASH – Detergents, water impurities, and wash agitation may degrade the reflective film layers and significantly reduce the radiant protection provided by the proximity suit, even if visual appearance remains acceptable.
The outer Aluminized layer of the fire suit can be wiped down with a soft cloth and warm water. DO NOT USE chlorine bleach, active ingredient cleaning agents, or solvents. Always dry thoroughly before storage.
Aluminized Fire Proximity Suit should be examined regularly for rips or tears in fabric and to ensure no degradation in the reflective surface quality. Additionally, fasteners, straps, and all hardware should be checked to ensure proper functioning.
Store the Aluminized Suit by hanging dry garments in a well ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
To limit damage caused by creasing, do not fold alumunized fire suit
A Front opening type having a zipper Covered with a flap
Provision to accommodate a breathing apparatus at the backside
A pair of five-finger type hand gloves
Hood made from aluminized Fire proximity suit’s material (It even helps in reducing the infrared rays).
A Clear or Gold Face shield
A pair of boots made from alumunized fire suit’s material having side zippers (Provides comfort and has
Fire Proximity Suit is manufactured from imported aluminized glass fiber fabric. This comes with a dual mirror with a capacity for 90% heat reflection. It is present in the outer layer and we pair it with woolen fabric lining.
There is another Additional layer used alumunized fire suit. It is for fighting the higher temperature. Our Outer fabrics are tested and approved by Defense Institute for Fire Research.
There are situations where there is an immediate Fire Condition. What happens here is: You are not ready to take an action. This is a situation where you need clothing that is specifically designed to face emergency situations. We manufacture clothing for special fire-fighting operations. Our team ensures that the fabric is capable of preventing free flames and interventions arising in Surprise.
Application areas of the Aluminized Suits
We are known in the industry for Manufacturing alumunized fire suit Aluminized Fire Suits – Aluminized Fire Proximity Suit, and Anti Fire Suits.
We are Manufacturer and Exporter alumunized fire suit. Suit which is an extremely lightweight and flexible suit intended for industrial applications where workers are exposed to extreme radiant heat, sparks, and molten metal splash.